Coastline Construction LLC - "Quality is our Speciality"
RSS Become a Fan

Recent Posts

ROOF ALGAE - Streaking and Staining
How to build a backyard firepit
Organic Weed Killer
MUNTINS vs MULLIONS - guide to window jargon
UGLY ALGAE on your roof/shingles?


Do it yourself
Do it yourself tips
hiring a Contractor
Home Improvement Projects
How to Hire A Roofing Contractor
Landscaping projects
Replacing Windows
Roofing Lingo - helpful terms when replacing your roof
Roofing Shingle Options
Upgrading your Kitchen
Winterizing to prevent frozen pipes
powered by

My Blog

Replacing Windows

MUNTINS vs MULLIONS - guide to window jargon

Do you know the difference between a "MUNTIN" and a "MULLION" when it comes to windows? 

Mullion: A large vertical member separating two casements; the vertical bar between coupled windows or mulitple windows; the central vertical member of a double-door opening. 

Muntin: one of the thin strips of wood used for holding panes of glass within a window. Also called: munnion, bar, sash bar, glazing bar, window bar, division bar, munton bar (sounds like they can't remember the name either!